Eagle Pass Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
At Gonzalez and Associates P.C, we understand the thrill and freedom that comes with riding a motorcycle. However, we also understand the dangers and risks that come with it. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are all too common and can result in serious injuries, property damage, and even death.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek legal representation from an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Our team at Gonzalez and Associates P.C has the knowledge and expertise to help you through this difficult time.
Do I still have a case if I received a traffic citation stating I cause of the accident?The situation depends if the accident was not completely your fault. You can still recover damages from the other driver for the portion of the accident that was his or her fault.
What is a wrongful death claim?This type of claim can be filed by the survivors of an individual who has died due to another party’s negligence or misconduct.
What types of recovery are available for the families & survivors of wrongful death victims?The family members & survivor of victims may be able to secure damages for economic loss, pain and suffering the victim went through before their passing, loss of parental guidance, and the loss of services the deceased provided.
Who has the right to bring a wrongful death claim?
Relatives of the deceased may file a wrongful death claim. However, if the person filing the claim is a minor, they may require an adult guardian in order to file a lawsuit. Depending on the situation, other legal dependents and members of the victim’s family may be able to pursue claims.
What is medical malpractice?
Law defines medical malpractice as negligence committed by a professional health care provider - a doctor, nurse, dentist, hospital, hospital worker, etc. - whose performance fails to meet the standard of care expected of those with similar training and experience, resulting in harm to a patient. The profession itself sets the standard for medical malpractice by its own custom and practice.
While riding a motorcycle can be exhilarating, it also comes with increased risks. Motorcycle accidents are often more severe than other types of traffic accidents. After all, the only protection a rider has in the event of an accident is the gear they're wearing.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted Drivers: Drivers who are texting, talking on the phone, or engaged in other distractions are a significant hazard to motorcyclists.
- Speeding: Excessive speed reduces reaction time and increases the severity of accidents.
- Failure to Yield: Drivers failing to yield the right of way to motorcycles at intersections and while changing lanes can lead to collisions.
- Impaired Drivers: Motorcyclists are vulnerable to accidents caused by drunk or drugged drivers.
- Road Conditions: Poorly maintained roads, potholes, and debris can be dangerous for motorcyclists.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Victims of motorcycle accidents may be entitled to various forms of compensation, depending on the circumstances of their case. These can include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for current and future medical bills, including surgeries, rehabilitation, and medication.
- Lost Wages: Reimbursement for income lost due to your injuries, including potential future earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical pain and emotional distress resulting from the accident.
- Property Damage: Coverage for repairs or replacement of your motorcycle.
- Wrongful Death: If you've lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible for compensation for funeral expenses and the emotional toll it has taken on your family.
Our Commitment to You
We know that every case is unique, which is why we take the time to listen to your story and understand the full extent of your injuries and damages. We will work closely with you to develop a personalized legal strategy that is tailored to your individual needs and goals.
At Gonzalez and Associates P.C, we are dedicated to fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims throughout Eagle Pass and the surrounding areas.